CSWM – Heritage Auction 2019 Terms & Conditions
The 2019 Core Sound Heritage Auction
Core Sound Waterfowl Museum & Heritage Center - Waterfowl Weekend
SATURDAY - DECEMBER 7, 2019 at 5:00 PM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AUCTION – Very Important – Apply to BOTH OnLine Bidding and the Live On-Site Auction - Please Read
ONLINE BIDDING will be conducted at www.houseauctioncompany.com. Online Bidding will begin on or about November 28, 2019 and will CARRY OVER into the Live On-Site Auction, so that the ending of OnLine Bidding will be conducted in simulcast, live time bidding with the Live On-Site Auction being conducted at the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center.
LIVE On-Site Bidding will be conducted at the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum & Heritage Center at 1785 Island Road, Harkers Island, NC 28531 as follows:
AUCTION PREVIEW: Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 12:00 Noon until 5:00 PM, when the Live Onsite Auction begins. Once the Live Auction begins at approximately 5:00 pm, On-Line bidding will be continue and will CONCLUDE FOR EACH SPECIFIC LOT (ITEM) AT THE TIME WHEN THE HAMMER FALLS ON THAT SPECIFIC LOT (ITEM) IN THE LIVE AUCTION.
1. CATALOG: House Auction Company has put forth every effort in preparing the catalog for this auction to provide accurate descriptions of all items. However, all items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS with all faults, imperfections, and errors of description. Descriptions of items are believed to be correct and are provided in good faith, but are matters of opinion and not guaranteed. All purchases are considered verified by the purchaser as to grade and authenticity. The purchaser will rely solely on his/her own judgment in any purchase. House Auction Company makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, concerning the items being sold. All Sales Are Final. No refunds or exchanges.
2. All information contained herein is deemed to be from reliable sources. However, neither the Auctioneer nor the Seller guarantees this information to be correct. It is the bidder’s responsibility to conduct any inspections prior to the auction to determine the condition of any item and the feasibility of the bidder’s intended use. By bidding, you, the Bidder/Buyer certify that you have closely examined the item(s), have arranged for an independent agent to examine the item(s) for you, or waived your right to inspect the items. The Auctioneer represents the Seller in this transaction. All announcements made by the Auctioneer during the auction shall take precedence over all other information. We reserve the right to add or delete. A credit card, either Visa or MasterCard is required to register & bid online. Nothing will be charged to your credit card until a purchase is made (unless you default in making payment as required). If you are bidding Onsite at the CSWM, no credit card will be required for registration.
3. House Auction Company is conducting this Heritage Auction as a Benefit Auction for the sole benefit of the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum & Heritage Center (CSWM & HC). 100 % of the proceeds go to the CSWM & HC for its mission in preserving the heritage of Down East. Payments for purchases will be collected by the CSWM & HC after the auction for those successful bidders on site.
4. INTERNET BIDDER PAYMENTS: Successful INTERNET BIDDERS will be sent an invoice within 24 hours following the auction, and these bidders need to contact Deb Brushwood with the CSWM & HC to make their payments. Deb can be contacted at email@example.com or 252-728-1500, Ext. 21.
5. CHECK PAYMENTS: Out of State checks are welcomed with proper ID. CSWM & HC reserves the right to hold shipment of items until check clears. Checks may be processed the day of the auction; be sure to have adequate funds in your account. Each transaction necessary to collect insufficient funds will have a $50 fee imposed.
6. MAXIMUM BID: When you bid “MY MAX BID” the current bid price doesn’t automatically go to your Max Bid. Another bidder has to bid to increase the current price and the computerized bidding system will automatically bid up to your maximum in the increments specified.
7. INTERNET BIDDING: Pre-Bidding is provided for Internet Bidders prior to the start of the Live Auction. Internet Bidding will continue directly into the Live Auction event on December 7, 2019. Once the Live Auction begins at approximately 5:00 pm, On-Line bidding will be continue and will CONCLUDE FOR EACH SPECIFIC ITEM WHEN THE HAMMER FALLS ON THAT SPECIFIC ITEM IN THE LIVE AUCTION. PLEASE NOTE: Current Max-Bids placed in the Pre-Bidding will be taken / carried over to the Live Auction. Bidders who have registered and bid during the Pre-Bidding period will be able to bid online in the live auction via simulcast internet bidding. Internet bidders wanting to bid during the Live Event will need to login and click on the “LIVE SALE” link at the top of the Online Catalog. The “LIVE SALE” link will be posted on the top of catalog approximately at approximately 4:00 PM.
8. SERVER & SOFTWARE TECHNICAL ISSUES: In the event that there are technical difficulties related to the server, software or any other online auction related technologies, House Auction Company, MarkNet Alliance and the Seller reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. The company providing the software, House Auction Company, MarkNet Alliance or the Seller shall NOT be held responsible in any way for a missed bid or the failure of the software or server to function properly for any reason. Email notifications may be sent to registered bidders with updated information as deemed necessary by House Auction Company.
9. DEFAULT of INTERNET BIDDER / BUYER: The Successful Internet Bidder and/or Buyer not attempting to settle their invoice within 48 hours of the conclusion of the auction will be considered in default and will be black-flagged in our database as a Non Paying Bidder. House Auction Company reserves the right to sell to the next highest qualified Bidder and or Buyer in the event the successful high Bidder or Buyer does not comply with the terms of the auction. By bidding on any item in the auction, the Buyer agrees to all terms and conditions as set forth. By registering and placing a bid, the bidder hereby agrees that should they become a Default Bidder or Non Paying Bidder, House Auction Company has the right to charge their credit card for the entire balance of their invoice. If House Auction Company is able to sell the defaulted item(s) to the next highest qualified Bidder at a price lower than the auction high bid price, then the defaulted Bidder expressly agrees to allow House Auction Company to charge their credit card for the difference in their bid price and the actual selling price to the Backup bidder.
10. BIDDER VERIFICATION: Bidding rights are provisional, and if identity verification is questionable, House Auction Company has the right to reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated. The Seller and House Auction Company reserve the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any question as to the person’s credentials, mental fitness, etc. Bidders agree to keep their user name and password confidential as they are responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving their account. When using the website you must obey any and all local, state and federal laws. Violations will result in termination of website use privileges.
11. CONDUCT OF THE AUCTION: Conduct of the auction and increments of bidding are at the direction and sole discretion of House Auction Company. House Auction Company is NOT responsible for any missed bids either in person or online. House Auction Company reserves the right to reject any and all bids for any reason and also reserves the right to cancel this auction, or remove any item or lot from this auction prior to the close of bidding. All decisions of House Auction Company are final.
Your registration and bidding in this auction indicates both an understanding and an acceptance of the terms of this contractual agreement between yourself and both House Auction Company and the Seller and that you, as the Bidder, are prepared to purchase items under these terms and conditions.
PICKUP DATES FOR INTERNET BIDDERS / BUYERS: Contact Deb Brushwood at the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum & Heritage Center to coordinate the pick-up of purchases if you are an Internet Bidder and do not desire to have your items shipped. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Deb at 252-728-1500, Ext. 21.
SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE FOR INTERNET BIDDERS / BUYERS: If an Internet Purchaser wants to have their purchase(s) shipped, contact Deb Brushwood at the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum & Heritage Center. Email: email@example.com or call Deb at 252-728-1500, Ext. 21. ALL items must be paid in full at, or before pick-up, and BEFORE shipping. ALL SHIPPING cost will be paid by the Purchaser. Items not picked up or shipping arrangements made by December 20, 2019 will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of at the sole discretion of CSWM & HC, unless prior arrangements are made and verified by email.
NOTE: If an Internet Bidder or out-of-state Bidder has questions or extenuating circumstances, PLEASE CALL House Auction Company PRIOR to bidding. ALL items must be paid in full at, or before pick-up, and BEFORE shipping. ALL SHIPPING cost will be paid by the Purchaser.
$0 - $10 = $1 increment
$10 - $50 = $5 increment
$50 - $250 = $10 increment
$250 - $1,000 = $25 increment
$1,000 - $2,000 = $50 increment
$2,000 - $5,000 = $100 increment
$5,000 - $10,000 = $250 increment
$10,000 - $25,000 = $500 increment
$25,000 - $50,000 = $1,000 increment
$50,000 - $75,000 = $1,500 increment
$75,000 - $100,000 = 2,000 increment
$100,000 - $200,000 = $2,500 increment
$200,000 - $400,000 = $5,000 increment
$400,000 - $800,000 = $10,000 increment
$800,000 - $1,000,000 = $25,000 increment
$1,000,000 or Greater = $50,000 increment
No allowance will be made for errors in cataloging, genuineness, defects, or imperfections not noted. All sales are final and a bid is a legally binding contract between the bidder and both House Auction Company and the Seller. Both the Successful Bidder and Seller shall indemnify and hold harmless House Auction Company for ANY and ALL costs, losses, liabilities, claims, or expenses, including attorney fees resulting from House Auction Company being named as a party to any legal action resulting from either Bidder’s or Seller’s failure to fulfill any obligations and undertakings as set forth in this contractual agreement. House Auction Company employees may bid on auction items.
This Agreement shall be exclusively construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to its conflict of laws or principles. Any litigation or dispute arising out of this Agreement shall first be mediated before any lawsuit or legal proceeding is filed. The parties shall in good faith agree on a third party neutral mediator. The mediator shall set guidelines. The parties shall in good faith mediate the dispute and divide the cost of said mediator. All mediation shall be conducted in the County of Carteret, North Carolina and shall be subject to the mediation guidelines of the State of North Carolina. If mediation is unsuccessful then all litigation arising out of this agreement shall be adjudicated in a court of competent jurisdiction within the County of Carteret, State of North Carolina. All parties expressly agree to submit to this exclusive venue and hereby expressly waive any grounds for any alternate venue. NCAL # 7435 & # 7889